Went to 8am Mass. Maryanne (pastoral assistant) is so excited for me. I wonder why I can't quite catch the fire. She hugged me before and again after mass. She told Fr. Rosse of my trip to China and I asked him, "You travel so much, Have you been there?" He paused and said, "Yes, two years ago- but I'd not go again" I was taken aback with his response but I said, "I hope to go to a catholic mass while I'm there" "Oh, I wouldn't know about that. We priests just said Mass for ourselves." I thought, "Not very adventuresome."
I started planning what to pack. I've also been working on a list of things to attend to before I leave and for Susan to be responsible for while I'm gone.
Ordered a pizza for dinner tonight. The refrigerator offers few dinner things other than asparagus and sweet potatoes from the market.
Full of nervous energy today. Did three loads of laundry, made a Williamsburg cake with orange frosting to use some of the buttermilk and because people stop by to visit and there's nothing to offer them.
Kathy was supposed to visit - came by three times and left thinking I wasn't home. She couldn't see my car since the garage door was closed. Never rang the door bell. Oh, well. I was busy with phone calls. It's Mothers' Day.
I started packing today, counted pills for sixty days' supply.
No comments:
Post a Comment